Your relationship with nature

I grew up spending a lot of time outside and in nature. My favorite childhood memories were going to parks with my sister and family and going to the beach in my town. I loved being apart of the generation that wasn't all about technology and iPads at such a young age because I experienced so much in nature growing up. I would play outside in my backyard every single day with my neighbors and explore. As I grew up, I started appreciating the beauty of nature and my surroundings. I love going for runs in the park by my house and down to the beach. Nature is meaningful to me because it is a good place to get away from reality and relax. This reminds me of the Knowledge Extinction article because as a child, pollution wasn't as big of an issue as it is today. The article says how people may take the natural environment they encounter during childhood as the norm against which to measure pollution later in their life. Today in this generation, pollution has become a way bigger issue in our environment than ever before. The air was cleaner and there was less trash and plastic all in the oceans and on the land. Growing up and being outside constantly, I didn't appreciate the beauty of nature as much as I do now.

Comments